Hotel Near 2020 Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in D.C.
The United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Washington D.C. Marathon is scheduled on March 28, 2020 and has been pre-planned to start at Constitution Avenue & 14th Street NW. The finish line is set at RFK Stadium at E. Capitol Street NE. You can view the complete course map by clicking on this link. Interested participants can register here. Successful registrants can confirm their signup in the marathon at the Active.com website.
If you are participating in any of the events, make sure that you book early at The Fairfax Hotel at Embassy Row in Washington DC. The Fairfax Hotel is an iconic hotel at the heart of a thriving district, with a recent modernization to its public space. The hotel is elegant but comfortable, open yet perfectly intimate. Stay in the best lodging before race day and get to see Washington D.C. in a different light. There are fireplaces the common spaces where you can catch up with a bit of work before the race, or just enjoy talking to your loved ones.
The Fairfax Hotel at Embassy Row has had the distinction of being the choice of international diplomats, celebrities, and other important people from around the country, and the world. Visit our Special Offers page and book a room today.
Some important reminders regarding race rules are:
- All fees are non-refundable.
- You can’t sell your race number and this might cause you to be banned from future races.
- The minimum age for participants is 18 years old for the Marathon. The participant must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half-Marathon, or the 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. The 10K is open to participants that are as young as 10 years old. The youngest they will accept is 8 years old for the 5K race.
- All participants must be physically and mentally fit and prepared to take on the Marathon and all the other events.
- Bring an ID when you claim your race number and the timing chip that comes with it. The race packet and your race number can be claimed beforehand at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- You can’t participate in any of the events without a race number.
- The following are strictly prohibited from the event: coaches, in-line skates, skateboards, dogs, etc.
- Overall winners are not qualified to receive awards based on age group.
Take note that you need to leave your gear at Gear Check before the race. You will get a gear bag at the Health & Fitness Expo, and the Gear Check trucks will be ready to receive your items near the race line. Do not leave expensive things and cash in your gear bags.
Then you need to take your stuff back before the Finish Line Festival closes on race day. On course nutrition will be provided by the sponsors: Gatorade Endurance (Lemon-Lime flavor) and SiS gels (different flavors). These will be made available in the different aid stations throughout the course.