Coronavirus (COVID-19): Our Commitment To Guests
ISSUED MARCH 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM EST
Out of an abundance of caution, The Fairfax Embassy Row will temporarily suspend operations effective 11 am on Wednesday, March 25, 2020. We anticipate the hotel will be closed through March 31, 2021, and look forward to welcoming guests again soon.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding during these challenging and uncharted times. On behalf of our entire team we thank you for your business, wish you safe, healthy travels and look forward to seeing you in the not so distant future.
ISSUED MARCH 18, 2020 at 9:00 AM EST
To Our Valued Guests,
At The Fairfax at Embassy Row, our priority is first and foremost the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
We continue to closely follow the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, both domestically and abroad. We are in regular contact with local authorities. Our teams are monitoring the most up-to-the-minute information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Governor’s Office of Washington, D.C., and the Mayor’s Office of Washington D. C.
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness across our entire hotel. We have implemented heightened precautions in sanitization, disinfection, and cleaning measures as guided by the CDC and WHO.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a safe and healthy environment:
- We placed hand sanitizer dispensers in our common areas.
- Our food and beverage outlets are currently closed as directed by local authorities
- Our housekeeping teams increased the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitization in all areas of the hotel utilizing cleaning and disinfectants with chemicals recommended by CDC.
Travel Flexibility and Support
In response to changing marketplace conditions, The Fairfax at Embassy Row is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
Therefore, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by March 31, 2021. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and March 31, 2021, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Our team takes great pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers and guests. Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, one thing will remain constant: We will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our customers, guests, team members, and community as our highest priority.
The Fairfax at Embassy Row