Celebrating Memorial Day 2017 By Visiting Washington
Paying tribute to military heroes is part of the great American tradition. It’s imperative to recognize the people who have sacrificed their lives, along with those who continue to put their life on the line, to protect peace within the nation and throughout the world. This is why Memorial Day is a much-celebrated occasion for Americans.
Community parties, parades, and concerts are some of the most common celebratory activities for Memorial Day, but many find that this special holiday is also the ideal time to take a trip. It presents the wonderful opportunity to see the creative and unique ways that certain places commemorate this day. According to many avid travelers, visiting a different state or city for Memorial Day always proves to be a rewarding experience because the day’s celebrations clearly reflect every location’s culture, values, history and even wealth.
And when it comes to ideal locations to visit for Memorial Day, the one that always tops the list is the nation’s capital – Washington, D.C. If there’s any place in the country where the occasion is celebrated in the grandest way, it’s definitely D.C. So, if an extravagant Memorial Day is what you’re looking for this year, then you better plan your trip now.
First things first: Reserve accommodations immediately. Local hotels, like The Fairfax Hotel on Embassy Row, are fully booked several weeks before Washington, D.C. decks out for Memorial Day. Go online to see which places still have vacancies, cross your fingers, and hope to find a nice place to stay. Or, better yet, book your stay with us right now and take all of the stress out of not knowing where you’re staying.
Next, create your city exploration program. Surely you won’t be heading to D.C. solely for the parades and the concerts; you can’t come here and not see the many attractions within the city. Here are some of the places you definitely need to make a stop at:
- National Portrait Gallery – This features the portraits of soldiers taken and created by famous photographers and artists. Entrance is free at this museum.
- Sculpture Garden – This is a lovely place for taking pictures and even enjoying jazz music for absolutely free.
- National Air and Space Museum – It’s one of the most famous museums in the US and for Memorial Day, it will feature work that depicts the true face of war created by soldiers and artists.
- Pineapple and Pearls – This two-star Michelin restaurant is certainly worth checking out. It’s hip and classy and it definitely will add a special flavor to your stay in D.C. for Memorial Day weekend.
- Georgetown – This is the capital’s historic waterfront and it’s the perfect place for leisurely afternoon walks. It’s scenic and you get a lot of fresh air.
Lastly, decide which Memorial Day events you really want to see because there are quite a lot. Take note of your budget, your physical convenience (some places will surely be more congested than others), and the preference of the people you’re visiting the city with.
Visiting Washington, D.C. for Memorial Day is no doubt a fantastic plan; just make sure you’re thoroughly prepared to secure the most fulfilling experience. To book your stay today, please scroll up and use our online booking engine.
We look forward to you staying with us soon.